Thursday, December 5, 2013

Scarf Heaven: Athena Procopiou and Cocoon House

Greetings!! I can't believe it has been just about 6 months since I last posted... It has flown... I moved cities, got a new job and got promoted... have an almost two-year-old... And blog posts were written in my head along the way but never committed to internet.

I fell so hard in love with Athena Procopiou's collection of scarves that I HAD to post about it... I am obsessed... I have a fascination with fractals and the repeating organic patterns that are everywhere, and artistically I feel that the hugest inspiration is nature... And apparently I am not alone because her F/W Fairytales collection seems like it plucked so many ideas from my own mind... her other collections, going back to 2012, are also so gorgeous... My words are failing me, just let the prints speak for themselves...

I had a black cat for 16 years... my beloved... I WANT this scarf...


These space inspired ones would look so great on...


BIRDS... beautiful...


Swans...


Birds and clouds... It's heaven.


My daughter is obsessed with owls. And so am I after seeing this print.


My partner is an artist and has been working on a piece with dandelions, and this has the puffy heads in a geometric pattern... I am very curious as to how this scarf looks worn...


Very many pretty butterfly variations...


These last two, shown flat and then how they would look in use... WOW. They are from her Ziggy F/W 2012 line and I WANT THEM VERY BADLY.





They remind me a lovely scarf I got recently, all soft and multicoloured and space print-y. 


It was my 30th birthday last week and my partner gave me a gc with which I bought this silk number that says 'handmade in China' label Cocoon House... The website, where you can get scarves in all manner of reproduced painting prints as well as many other items, says:

'Cocoon House is proud to offer its unique, fine silks and accessories. All of our silk products are made in small co-ops located in the heart of China's silk producing region, ensuring that products are of the highest quality and have been produced in a fair and traditional manner.'

Which is fabulous, and I love my new scarf, if I can't have Athena's...


No comments:

Post a Comment