Monday, April 15, 2013

Lovin' the menswear... MTV Movie Awards and CK

First off want to share a few outfits I loved at the MTV Movie Awards (which I did not watch as I cannot stand awards shows, hours of privileged people self-congratulating)... BUT man the clothes. This one is cool because they can be more casual and therefore actually provide daily inspiration.

Zoe Saldana in Givenchy... Love this look. Can be adapted, you could wear something similar to a date and it is covered up but still so hot.


Melissa McCarthy's look is so my style, all black, covered up and flowy but still showing off curves, comfortable and sexy, with a hot pair of shoes. And some great jewelry. Total win.


Eddie Redmayne's look is also so me, I would wear this entire outfit as is, with some jewelry.


Next Calvin Klein Fall RTW ... I generally find CK a little too clean for my liking but they do make beautiful simple classic pieces.

I like these skirts very much although I HATE turtlenecks (make me feel like I can't breathe...) and this girl looks too buttoned up and old-fashioned. But I think I need to get a skirt like this, it is lovely for work.


Of course closing the shirt, I like the vibe of the outfit on the left very much. I no longer own a single pair of bootcut jeans and I suddenly remembered how good they can look. 


This trio is the highlight for me. Absolutely love the combo of black shirt (minus the turtle), grey blazer, black coat, wine skinny pant and patent shoe look in the middle, am definitely inspired. This look can go casual with maroon skinny jeans, a black t-shirt and a grey boyfriend blazer, an outfit I may just have to wear this week. 

I love the length of the skirt and the luxe combo of colours and textures with the long coat. The look on the left is simple and professional and very much a work outfit I am going to emulate. 



I seem to be more inspired by men's fashion in this post which is not I suppose unusual since I think menswear on a woman is super comfortable and hot.

All images Getty.

No comments:

Post a Comment