Sunday, April 21, 2013

20's

These are the last months of my twenties, an era of discovery, youthful madness, a nostalgic time for the rest of anyone's life I think. We reserve the same nostalgia for the twenties (1920's), and we forget just how transgressive people were in that era. In many ways society is more repressed now.

A lighthearted take on this theme is Sophie Kinsella's Twenties Girl, a great little book I read recently and recommend. It gives tidbits of twenties fashion which I love love love. That old glamour from the 20's-40's is so beautiful and feminine. Tiffany & Co. had a twenties themed bash Thursday in NYC (so close to me... I constantly am aware that Manhattan is a mere 6 hours away, why do I not live there?) and three of my favourite ladies pulled out their twenties glamour.


SJP in Vicky Tiel, GP in Ralph Lauren, KH in Reem Acra.
'
These three have been major celebrity crushes for a while, I think they are all amazing actresses, wonderful mothers, and super hot women. I am inspired by all their styles, pretty well embodied in the three looks they chose that night - Sarah Jessica fashion forward, statement-making and fabulous, Gwyneth more classic, simple and elegant, and Kate sexy, body-conscious and feminine. I am so jealous of whoever took that picture (Steve Eichner I guess, shoulda been me).

If I have to grow up, I want to do it like these ladies do. I just bought GP's new cookbook It's All Good not because of the hype but because I genuinely loved the recipes I looked at and I unabashedly love her :) Is Kate Hudson staring at her breasts?! LOL yes Kate, your dress does a better job of holding them up :)

Gotta close up on some of those amazing diamond and sapphire Tiffany jewels SJP is wearing...



No comments:

Post a Comment