Friday, January 23, 2015

TGIF and Missoni

Happy Friday everyone!

Today is jeans for charity day at work, which I love. Style articles these days tout jeans for work, but in my workplace it's still not technically permitted on the regular, although many show up every day in torn and faded jeans and think they are acceptable for work. They are not.

My co-worker and I showed up wearing kind of the same outfit - beige infinity scarf, blush top, black jeans and black heels. She is almost 50 and I am 31 and we both look great haha. 

I haven't mastered the full body selfie and the photographic effects of my lack of makeup continue to scare me...


Scarf by the Bay, blouse by Gap (sentimental because I wore it when pregnant on my Montreal babymoon, I wear a lot of my mat clothes still, am I the only one?), jeans by Guess, heels at Target (I keep selling these, they are so cheap, a perfect pump, and Target is closing in Canada so get yours before they are gone!! I scored the last two pairs in my size yesterday).

I want to end this post with my first observation on a collection, this continues to be a passion for me but I no longer have a subscription to Women's Wear Daily, I think I will have to invest again. Today's focus is Missoni's menswear RTW for fall 2015 - I have always loved Missoni's textures and prints and am very inspired by the entire collection, soooo winter-wonderful, beautiful, and honestly would wear everything in it. Seems every "it" blogger these days has a menswear-inspired look, and with clothes like these, it is no wonder why...




The coat below reminds me so much of one my most regretted donations, a vintage Pierre Cardin Paris overcoat just like this... Just because I barely wore it... Now I know that your usual clothes purging rules DO NOT APPLY to vintage designer finds... These are treasures... Yes you, silk Valentino pencil skirt I've never worn....





Namaste xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment