Monday, March 18, 2013

Some Paris in restrospect

A lot has happened in my life lately, including resigning my position of four years sort of out of the blue. I have not been on top of things at all with fashion news so I decided to look over some of the major shows I missed and make some observations.

For instance, still not a fan of Miu Miu, can never picture myself in even one piece or outfit, do not understand the woman Miuccia Prada is dressing. Same goes for Balmain. Bleh. Taste? Modernity? Where have thou gone?

By contrast, Elie Saab's Fall RTW... Every piece is gorgeous, wearable, elegant and chic. From sporty looks to formal wear, and in a beautiful array of colours, he really shows he has range and incredible style.




Same goes for Raf Simons' collection for Dior Fall RTW. Holy feminine, beautiful. Sometimes it was a little all over the place, not a huge fan of giant crochet, especially when mixed with houndstooth... However, overall a successful collection I would say, and I am very eager for the couture offerings...








The Givenchy show was very inspiring personally, I will be incorporating into my wardrobe ideas such as mixing florals with moto jackets, and belting sweatshirts over skirts. Absolutely love, and feels so modern and exciting somehow. Some of the looks were downright ugly but overall, so great. 






Another collection I would commit a crime to own all of is Christophe Lemaire's Hermès RTW Fall 2013. Extremely classic, elegant and luxurious, you know you would feel like a complete lady.







Awesome brown tuxedo look...




Stopping here...

No comments:

Post a Comment