Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Further C-uriousity

This Vitamin C thing has got me thinking. Another video I watched, the girl made a solution of the vitamin C powder and distilled water for each application, and applied with makeup brush where she wanted it (face, neck, hands, avoiding blemishes). A good way to control how much or how little you apply if you have sensitive skin, and no premixing of creams and vitamin for the week. So the mask she does twice a week versus the lady in the previous post who I believe uses her vitamin C creams every day.

I have to admit I turn 30 this November and it is hitting me in various ways. Having a high-energy child, a stressful job, a marriage to a drama queen, quitting my job, and smoking on and off for the last 17 years (oh my....), not to mention the years of sun damage where I didn't give a damn about sunscreen... I looked in the mirror and saw in what I had previously perceived to be my unlined skin.... multiple distinct lines across my forehead... and down my neck... my under eye bags are out of control... and my stretch marks from pregnancy are improving but I will never be the same.

Don't get me wrong, I am pretty happy with things. But I am realizing I can't get away with the follies of youth in so many ways. Definitely in the area of skin regime. Genetics blessed me but lifestyle chosen by me has not always been optimal. I want to try to see if I can improve some aspects by trying this vitamin C thing, which really is like a home acid peel plus vitamin C promotes collagen production I believe.

In the following video this girl uses lemons (and buying lemons or even that plastic lemon full of lemon juice is much easier than buying powder vitamin C and mixing solutions and creams like a chemist) as well as sugar on a cotton pad... pretty genius and yummy and so easy:

No comments:

Post a Comment